THE SOLAR ENERGY INSTALLERS ASSOCIATION OF VICTORIA NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2018
As a part of our ongoing commitment to communicate with our Solar Industry here is our first newsletter. We hope you enjoy the read.
Are you a SEIA Vic member yet?
As a member of SEIA VIC, you will receive offers and discounts from our supporting industry corporate members. These offers may include:
- Product discounts
- Training discounts
- Downloadable documents including product manuals
- Discounts on the annual SEIA VIC conference
- and so much more…
To be eligible to receive the membership awards all you have to be is a member and help support your not-for-profit industry organisation.
Go to our website to find out more.
Find out about our member portal?
As a part of our on-going commitment to give you more value as a member of SEIA VIC we have created the following members-only section on our website.
When you become a member of SEIA VIC all you have to do is go to our website https://www.seiavic.org.au and click on the “LOGIN” section. Here you will have your own personal login
Prescribed electrical equipment – DC isolators
The CEC has an update on the DC – isolators. (We quote)
“Following our note on Monday 2 July regarding the issue of appropriately-certified DC isolators, the below outlines further information that has come to hand. We have confirmed that New South Wales and the Northern Territory are not affected.
The following provides further clarity for the state of Victoria.
DPA Solar Training Days with Victron Energy
Each year Victron Energy run training sessions around Australia and DPA encourages our customers to attend to hear about new product releases and updates on all aspects of your Victron equipment.
This year the training sessions will be split over two days so there can be a focus on the main market segments:
Day 1: Automotive/Marine
Day 2: Off-grid, Back-up
By Gary Piper – Battery Energy Power Solutions (SEIA VIC Committee Member)
The first point I want to make is that Apples aren’t Apples when comparing Lead Acid Batteries. There are a number of types to consider. For example:
- Lead Acid/Wet Lead Acid – Liquid Electrolyte, Tubular Positive or Flat Plate, Vented and housed in a Transparent or Non-Transparent Container. Also referred to as Wets
- GEL – Immobilised Electrolyte made of Thixotropic Gel. Valve Regulated design.
- AGM – Immobilised Electrolyte stored in the Fibreglass Mat Separators.
- VRLA – Valve Regulated Lead Acid. Includes both GEL and AGM battery types.
By Gerard McAllister – Assertive Marketing (SEIA VIC Industry Member)
We all like to use social media when promoting our business. But what happens when you get a negative post? Here are some hints on dealing with complaints.
When it comes to responding to negative comments on social media you should always do the following:
- Respond immediately online
- Always be polite and empathetic to someone’s complaint
- Never get personal
- Never engage in an argument online
- If they want to argue tell them that you will discuss it offline, don’t continue as they are just wanting a fight
We hope you enjoyed the first of our newsletters. If you have a story or want to give us feedback please feel free to contact us.